Whatcha doin to your car this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
www.cardomain.com
So, to those of you us that aren't headed out of town, and are home wrenching instead... What are you doing to your car this weekend?

I was too lazy to do anything on the cars today other than put my one 14" rallye wheel with a good tire in the Olds wagon for a spare, and I pieced together the rest of the bits so I don't get stranded. Tomorrow I plan on finally getting my wiper switch replacement finished up, and getting the steering column back together on my 442. I've been seriously dragging my feet on doing this, so I need to get it done. I haven't even driven the car yet this season, and since gas isn't $4+ like it was last summer at this time, I'd sure like to drive it since running a tank through it won't be so expensive. I don't have any money to buy the brake parts I need for the wagon, so I guess that'll have to sit, unless I feel like cleaning...

Post up your progress on your rides!

I got my Olds 350/TH350 sitting in the mounts on the Cutlass last week. I still have alot to do. I need to figure how I'm gonna get the column linkage and shifter cable hooked up since the piece that bolts to the shift rod hits the flange of the header. Also need to get the flexplate and torque convertor bolted together, install the starter, prime the oil pump, install the distributor, install the brackets and accessories, then bolt the radiator support, a/c condensor, radiator, header panel, bumper. I know it won't all get done this weekend, but hope to have half of it done anyway.

The original muffler on my Camino is starting to leak (after only 22 years!), so I'm going to slide on a cheapo Thrush muffler and tailpipe until I make my decision on a full dual system. Also bought a center link and idler arm. Got them and my spare 32mm front sway bar all cleaned and coated with POR-15 last week, so available time will determine how many parts get hung on the truck this weekend. The Camino has been my daily driver since March, when I changed jobs and lost my company car. It had been getting about 500-600 miles per year for the past 15 years, but now it gets 600 miles per month. It's time to start looking for a beater. Saw a few cheap Olds Aleros posted on Craigslist, so I might be car shopping on Sunday.

Bill

gunna cry cause i dont know what to do next. lol got too many issues to work out.

billyjack said:
...It had been getting about 500-600 miles per year for the past 15 years, but now it gets 600 miles per month...

That's all?!? Wanna trade places?

I've been putting 600 miles a week on my Buick!

I gave the car a bath tonight and started the to clay bar the paint. Holy Crap my hands are sore !! I spent 2 solid hours just on my trunklid. Gotta admit that it looks great now but I am not looking forward to the roof and hood !!

Problem is that
A: the car is white
B: it's parked outdoors 24/7/365
C: it was re-painted in eurethane / acrylic in '96 and he paint is starting oxidize making the car look dirty.

I wish I had a garage

Well, all I have planned is packing the wheel bearings on the passenger's side of the Frontier, then going to work. I have been spending most of my time lately working on my house. Most of that has been cleaning and organizing, but some of it involved me spending money too as I took a trip to IKEA, and couldn't help myself. So much cheap, Chinese made Swedish goodness in one place! I am hoping that I can get back to work on the Cutlass at the end of this month if I can manage to save some cash, and finish digging out from under the pile of clutter and parts that my life had become.

nuthin, cuz im broke...

Well let's see. I think I'm gonna clean my interior, it hasn't been clesned since winter. Then I think I'm gonna try to install my front GP brace. And I also want to set up the timing. ANd I gotta fix the connector for my drivers side headlight. If I have time I really want to mount my new 6x9s in the rear too.

But what I'm excited for is on the 13th my car goes into the shop. Getting new front springs, 4 new shocks, wheel alignment, rear sway bar installed, and getting the pinion angle set. Hopefully it will ride better.

I'm gunna park it in the back yard and hide from the homeowner's inevitable tow truck :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor