Whats my Regal model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabelowrider

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 23, 2011
Im trying to figure out the model of my Regal. It has a center console with the shifter down on the console. It doesnt have any power acc's. The trunk lid im unsure if its the original one but i do know the hood isnt original cuz ive changed it out. Help me out fellas

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
PM me your VIN#

wannabelowrider

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 23, 2011
RITTER said:
PM me your VIN#
Im new to this site and dont feel comfortable giving my VIN to anyone. Is the any other way of finding out? Oh i forgot to mention, its an '83 if that helps.

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
http://www.gnttype.org/general/vin.html

well if you dont have a stock turbo on the car than you don't have a t-type or grand national (grand national was not available in 1983).
most likely its just a plain jane regal. you can get a plan reagal and opt for the bocket seats and console and not get any power options. its pretty common, nothing too rare

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Not really sure what harm I could do with your VIN# but thats cool. Decoding the VIN is really the only way to tell you exactly what you have. You can find decoders through GOOGLE if you are not comfortable with giving your VIN# to someone :wink:

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
78MC-BBC said:
http://www.gnttype.org/general/vin.html

well if you dont have a stock turbo on the car than you don't have a t-type or grand national (grand national was not available in 1983).
most likely its just a plain jane regal. you can get a plan reagal and opt for the bocket seats and console and not get any power options. its pretty common, nothing too rare
Not all T-Types were turbo cars nor were they all t-top cars :idea: The 307 V8 was an engine option with the "T-Type" package :mrgreen:

wannabelowrider

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 23, 2011
Turns out i have a plain Regal coupe that came with a 3.8 v6. I couldnt decode the last half of the vin with the site provided above. The car is far from stock but i was just curious on what model i have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor