wheel hop

Status
Not open for further replies.

tattoo72

n00b
Nov 27, 2008
south bend, in
new to the site, so, hi everyone. i put in a posi locker with 4.10 gears, energy susp. poly bushings,boxed trailing arms, lakewood 50/50 drag shocks this summer. question is this: i'm expierencing wicked wheel hop. being as i've raised the car several inches over stock, i would assume i've changed the pinion angle drastically. whitch has prob. contributed to this. would ladder bars reduce the "wrap" effect of the r-end? being as it's already a "4-link" susp. the adjustment i would get from the hiem joints on the ladder bars would be minimal at best. the car is pretty fast for a street car, and i'm not really looking to launch all that hard, about 2800 rpm is all the foot brake will hold, i'm really looking to just launch solidly, and i don't mind having to peddle a little out of the hole a little. but with the wheel hop, if i don't get out of it, it's going to rip itself apart, not to mention i lose alot to whomever i'm up against. fortunatly :D i've been able to drive around most people i've went up against. but consistancy is a b*tch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor