WHEEL STUD LENGTH??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradley Ambriati

Apprentice
Nov 29, 2016
I have a 80" monte carlo and was wondering what the length of the factory wheel studs were?
I have 15x10s in the back and i need to use 1/4 inch spacers to aboid some rubbing, but they dont leave me much thread to work with when they're on, so i was going to get longer ones. But i dont know what length i would need to make up for the extra 1/4 inch i need with the spacer on.

Reactions: Sweet_Johnny
Front
1-5/16 In. Length

Rear
1-1/2 In. Length

I changed all the studs on my Malibu to 3". I have Weld wheels on it and the longest shank nuts didnt get a lot of thread. I bought the lug nuts that have the removable ends but turned out they fit with no problem.

Go to Dorman site. http://www.dormanproducts.com/gsearch.aspx?type=keyword&origin=keyword&q=wheel+stud We use M12x1.50 studs. Look up that size and see what lengths are available. I just bought 2 boxes of 10 studs each so I can use my alloy rims. The size was M12x1.50 x 50.86mm. With that size my lug nuts are full of stud threads. Look up your car's specs to be sure you get the correct knurl size. That is the serrated part that holds to the axle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor