Wheel Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaghetti166

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 20, 2013
Jacksonville, NC
I did try understanding the Wheel fitment guide and to be honest it was like rocket surgery to me. All I would like to know is can I go to a junkyard and take the stock rims off a Caprice or Monte (15x6 I believe with 4.75" bolt pattern) and without modification to my stock 81 Malibu (14x6 with 4.75" bolt pattern I believe), interchange them?

The end result I'm looking for, there is this really cool old man who has a hub cap junk yard and instead of buying fancy wheels with new tires (going for the classic BF Goodrich Radials 235/60, R15), I was goin g to get the stock 15" from a junkyard and apply the new tires to them and buy some cool hubs.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I picked up two sets of S10 rims. In 1996, they were the steel rims with the identical Malibu 'premium' centers with the five pentagonal cutouts that came on the 14x6 rim. I think they were 15x7. Bolted on with 235/60/15 and looked stock, no issues. In 2007, I found a set of the 16x8 ZQ8 aluminum rims on Craigslist and they bolted on with 255/50/16. Also no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor