Wheel well removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
DeboDaddy said:
foxtrot_lima_bravo said:
Since we're on the subject of weight, has any1 removed the spare tire & jack from the trunk?

haha that's the first thing to get rid of! :D

To PokerTramp:

Yea, all of my stock wiring is gone, but its all uneeded because I'm all mech. gauges, and the LT1 swap i'm doing has its own standalone wiring system. I am keeping all my seats though. :)

I got rid of my heater/ac box the other day. That was a good 50lbs worth of junk on the outside of the firewall and up behind the dash.

Going LT1/th350 alone free'd up some weight for me. Aluminum heads, less accessories, lighter intake manifold/throttle body, etc. I've figured up that I've lost about 300 pounds so far, and I'm digging for another 100. I just gotta find it... :lol:

Sounds good....I made the mistake of taking one wire too many out. Where the Cruise wire goes it is jumped onto another wire on the fuse panel. Pulled both and went to take a cruise seeing it was a nice day and the seat wouldn't move,lol. Put the wire back and I was back in business.

I am ditching the power seat/ front seats and getting buckets. For the back I am either going to put buckets with 2 square aluminum channels. The back will hook in and the front, bolt in for quick removal. Either that or I will keep it more of a cruiser, cut a 10 inch channel from the middle of the seat and put a center console with 4 8inch subs up to the front buckets and have a floor shifter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor