wheels and tires

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I having a tough time getting some info and ideas. I just bought an 83 Malibu wagon. It should be delivered next week. I want to put on a set of directional tires and at least 16 or 17" wheels. Im looking at TTs or the copy made by REV. I really want a "pro touring" look on the car. I put posts on a few different sites already but I havent had a lot of replies. I only got one set of pictures. Can anyone post pictures of their wagon with that type of tire and wheel setup ? Or at least post the tire, rim and BS that they have on their car ? Thanks

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard Mike!
You'll of course have to post some pics of your new wagon when it arrives. As for wheels, I think a set of TT's would look sweet on your car. I kind of like the classic TT's with the gray spoke centers. But that's a matter of taste.
There is quite a few wheels that look great on a wagon. I personally wouldn't go with anything larger than a 17"...but again that's my opinion...I'm old school in that respect.
Another nice choice is later S-10 ZQ8 wheels. They're 16 X 8 if I'm not mistaken.
Good luck with your new toy.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Thanks for the welcome Jack. Ive seen your posts on maliburacing for a long time. Ive got the same question posted on there and a few other sites. I sold my 85 Monte SS to get a wagon and found this one on racingjunk. I'll probably get a few pictures of it posted next week. It was just picked up in TN last night and the driver told the old owner it would be delivered here in NY today but there was a breakdown somewhere in VA so the transport company is telling me Sat or Sun. I cant wait.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mike,
I was a moderator on Maliburacing a few years back. Alot of people have come and gone on that site. There's alot of good information over there. also a bunch of wagon guys there as well.
What plans do you have for your wagon? I know you want to go the pro-touring route. I think that's a wise choice. Many of these cars ended up being used for drag racing...or dare I say...demolition derby. :shock:
Where in NY are you from? Good luck with the delivery of your car. I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

1983mailbuwagon

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2009
ANY WHEEL THAT YOU WILL BE LOOKING FOR WILL BE A STANDARD OFFSET 0. 5 ON 4 3/4. DEPENDING ON HOW WIDE YOU GO WILL CHANGE YOUR BS. IF YOU WANT THE PRO TOUR LOOK GO 17" OR BIGGER!! :p

HERES SOME PICTURES: IF YOU NEED ANYMORE HELP WITH TIRE SIZES PM ME OR JUST WRITE ON THIS TREAD :mrgreen:

BLACK WAGON IS 15" TT . NOT MINE, WAS FOR SALE IN FL , MIGHT STILL BE. VERY CLEAN CAR.
GREY WAGON IS 17" TT NOT MINE, CAR WAS FOR SALE IN FL FOR THE LONGEST TIME
RED WAGON IS ON 20" IROC'S. MINE

HOPE THIS HELPS :bump:

Attachments

• !Be,6)cgBGk~$(KGrHqEOKj0Er)0G,n(BBK9Khj5w3g~~_3.jpeg
    !Be,6)cgBGk~$(KGrHqEOKj0Er)0G,n(BBK9Khj5w3g~~_3.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 687
  • 6e26_1.jpeg
    6e26_1.jpeg
    23.4 KB · Views: 674
  • IMGP4103.jpg
    IMGP4103.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 692

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Thanks for posting those pictures Malibuwagon ! Im thinking my wagon will look like the grey one when I get the wheels on it. Ive seen the black one on ebay a few times. I think it sold once and went back on 6 or 7 months later. At first I had no replies on any of the sites but now I think I have a pretty good idea of what to buy. Youre wagon looks hot sitting that low ! Thanks again ! When my car finally gets here I'll post some before and after pics !

Jack, PM me with your email. I sent you a couple of PMs but I dont think they went through for some reason. I'll email you !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor