Wheels for a '85 442 Tribute Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

gofast123

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 16, 2009
I'm in the middle of an '85 442 tribute project. So who has the best reproduction SSIII Rallye wheels out there with the Gold centers?

I've found some at Coker-Specialty Wheel, Blue Oval Ranch Inc, and Trudesign Wheel Inc. Any opinions would be welcome. Thanks!

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
I too would be interested to know who makes the best ones too. I have a feeling they're all the same though, with the pieces made somewhere in China like everything else complete with cheap chrome that'll rust as soon as they get wet.

Wait until you actually contact one of these places and tell them you want your 15x7 wheel with the FACTORY backspacing of 4 inches only to have them spew forth their nonsense about how the backspacing is supposed to be more than 4" and how they can't/won't make them in 4" even though they weld them together right there at the shop. I had to go through this song and dance years ago with all thes clowns and couldn't take it anymore and just bought some basic aluminum wheels until I came across a nice original set.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
The question isn't were to buy them. As shown, you can buy them from alot of places. The question is which place makes the best ones ( if in fact they're any different at all ).

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
I had mine widened from the factory 15x7 to 15x8. Actually center cut out and put in 8" rim backspacing what you want but it cost just as much as what you can buy new. The chrome is going to be thinner than factory its the expensive part. Just wax them when you get them and keep them clean & waxed or clear plastic coated. You won't have any troubles if you just keep them off of winter salted roads or clean them immediately after driving on salted roads.

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
Most use original centers outfits I delt with a wanted cores if had them .

But I have looked a 3 different outfits all had rim that did not have original type indent on flat before tire Bead lip

Tho they r nice looking wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor