where do you find parts for this dang thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks unk but I need parts for this pontiac lemans the one in the avatar

Sorry, I should read before I type :lol:

I have a LeMans also, and about the only source to find NOS parts is some come up on e-bay from time to time. Most of the exterior chrome pieces you come across used will be badly pitted, used lenses often scratched or cracked. It's one big disadvantage to owning any G body cars other than Malibus, Elkys or Montes- a lot less parts availability.

-Uncletruck-

no kidding I found a blinker cover on ebay and that dude wanted 60 bucks plus shipping to heck with that I can swap to a chevy front at my local u-pullit for a hundred and change it right there

Malibu front end

It will fit. I did the same swap on a 78 Lemans of a 80 malibu front end.

Could you check the rear bumper fillers for both sides as I don't any now? Thanks Steve.

80 lemans

If you want NOS, $60 is what I've seen them "list" for. They were "selling" for ~$20 a year or so ago.
If you want used, I have left and right side from an 80.
$8.00 for a box and packing, plus shipping and they are all yours.
PM me your email and ZIP code and I'll try to get some pictures to you.

Where you could put a Malibu front clip on the LeMans, unfortuntately the LeMans hood is styled different being curved upwards in the middle and I think it would look a bit corny with a Malibu front clip (which is also quite a bit shorter)- so then you could be in to replacing the hood also for the right look. Owning both, I can attest that at least the early LeMans hoods are a bit more sturdy feeling than the Malibu hoods. It's still at least a little easier finding LeMans components rather than converting a LeMans in to a Malibu- but it can be done, oh the freedom of choice with GM A/G bodies 😀

-UT-

come on now I wasn't gonna leave the lemans hood on there gonna have to get a cowl induction hood anyway cause I can't put an air filter on it the carb is only a 1/2 inch from the lemans hood (no fender wells easy to see)and can't find a cowl for a lemans and the bolt on cowls don't look right

The front clips are mechanically interchangeable, but the Malibu one is about a couple inches shorter up top compared to the LeMans- (maybe more, I can measure the two this weekend) it's just cosmetic/styling. The hoods might be the same length, the LeMans nose just sticks out more. The Malibu hood I feel is somewhat flimsy compared to the Lemans hood, which is a reason to keep the LeMans hood- perhaps have a body or sheet metal person fabricate and weld a custom cowl on to the LeMans hood- that might look cool and be a little different from the cookie cutter Malibu stuff out there.

-UT-

I'm pretty sure the malibu/lemans were the same up to 83. I know elky/malibu didn't get changed in 81 like the rest of the g bodies and I'm almost certain lemans/bonneville stayed the same too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor