Where to get a pitman arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

83LSWagon

Apprentice
Aug 19, 2008
I got a box off of a 92 S10 Blazer 4x4 since it waas free and mine was leaking. I go to switch the pitman arms, and the shaft on the S10 is too big, and the pitman arm on the S10 block had a pivot ball on it, not a whole, like the wagon. So I call the local part store, and they don't have a listing for it since it is a non wear part. Call up the dealer dad works at, and still no luck. I am headed to the local junkyards now to see if I can match anything up, but if I don't have great luck finding one, where can I almost surely find one? Thanks in advance.

83LSWagon

Apprentice
Aug 19, 2008
For anyone who may search in the future, I got a box from a 1982 or so camaro, and it bolted in %100 without modification, and it is quick ratio!

mguerci

Apprentice
Aug 30, 2006
Columbia, SC
That's interesting. I did a search on Summit and RockAuto and also came up with nothing. Even Moog does not seem to carry this specific arm. There is one on ebay now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1982-7-C ... 240%3A1318

Interestingly, the new one on summit (ARG-225153) has the note: "78-82 GM cars replacing the 605 type snap ring gear box with AGR unit, will require a different pitman arm and out input collar."

83LSWagon

Apprentice
Aug 19, 2008
box was 56 :lol:
Moog doesnt carry it since it is a non wear part. :roll: Ridiculous if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor