Which knock sensor for a Holley Terminator X?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I am going to be running one with the Terminator X on my rebuilt Olds 358. Is it best to run one from a 88 to 90 Olds 307 or something else, like say a mid 80's to 90's sbc? I know the TBI sensor threads right into the water drain like 307 model, LS have different threads. They have many years and motors for each sensor. Is the sensor to work with the spark controller or the make of motor? The good sensors are all similar in price $30 to $60 each. The $25 and under seem to be junk. I will see what Holley recommends or supports.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
It looks like 1 wire resonant and 2 wire non resonant are both compatible. It looks like the 307 sensor will be compatible, its frequency range will need set. It might be the best starting point.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
It’s tuneable in the software. But the tuning is a pita. It’s not the Holley software that’s a pita, but rather tuning a knock sensor in a pumped up motor with an aftermarket ECU. The oem’s spent a lot of time tuning the knock sensors.

I believe the knock sensor connector for a 3rd gen LS (24x) is the same plug as the older GM knock sensors. That’s pretty simple to check too.

And anything that generates ‘noise’, I.e. cam, rockers, etc, will generate false knock and is a battle to work with imo.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yeah, same plug, just two of them but smaller metric threads, I assume. The 204/214 cam with the wide 114 LSA and stock non adjustable valve train will idle and drive like a basically stock motor.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor