Which mufflers??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maximum flow sounds great yet not obnoxiously loud and no drone, also quality material/construction. All stainless & welded seams won't rust or blow out with quality packing that won't burn out or hold water if you have cat converters. You can buy cheaper muffs but you will pay for it. "Straight thru" type muffs are always the best for performance. Except for louvered core cherry bomb types.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shop ... in&id=9330

A larger case controls sound better without creating restriction. This is the largest case that comfortably fits under the gbodys rear seats floor pan. It can be used in a gbody pipes kit as a bolt up. If you buy a gbody pipe kit get stainless clamps. I used them on my 442 for no power restriction AND great sound. I used their website locator to get the phone number for their nearest warehouse distributor called them and had them drop shipped to my door at wholesale. 8) Oh yea if you use all 3" pipe but with 2.5" tailpipes it both controls sound better and often aids in flow. The reason is as hot exhaust gasses cool they shrink then slow making the hot gasses behind them push them out causing back pressure. The smaller tailpipe keeps the velocity where its needed.

TURNA said:
what horsepower are you making? over 500?

3 inch might be to much for your car.

3 inch might even slow you down.

either way hooker areo chambers are nice

Not sure just got the car, it doesn't feel like 500hp???? Supposed to be 350-400 tops. Are the Hooker mufflers really loud? I kinda want something on the quieter side I know its gonna be loud with longtubes but as quiet as possible without loosing any power. Not sure why they used 3" maybe because its setup to run a 250hp shot???

dogshit said:
Maximum flow sounds great yet not obnoxiously loud and no drone, also quality material/construction. All stainless & welded seams won't rust or blow out with quality packing that won't burn out or hold water if you have cat converters. You can buy cheaper muffs but you will pay for it. "Straight thru" type muffs are always the best for performance. Except for louvered core cherry bomb types.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shop ... in&id=9330

A larger case controls sound better without creating restriction. This is the largest case that comfortably fits under the gbodys rear seats floor pan. It can be used in a gbody pipes kit as a bolt up. If you buy a gbody pipe kit get stainless clamps. I used them on my 442 for no power restriction AND great sound. I used their website locator to get the phone number for their nearest warehouse distributor called them and had them drop shipped to my door at wholesale. 8) Oh yea if you use all 3" pipe but with 2.5" tailpipes it both controls sound better and often aids in flow. The reason is as hot exhaust gasses cool they shrink then slow making the hot gasses behind them push them out causing back pressure. The smaller tailpipe keeps the velocity where its needed.

Thanks for all the info!!! Maybe 2.5" tail pipes will be better.

The hookers have a nice sound at an idle an cruising no drone, but when you hit the pedal they come to life.

I've run Cherry Bomb Turbo's, Cherry Bomb Vortex, Flowmaster 40's and 44's over the years and liked the sounds from all.
I have a complete Pypes system i haven't installed yet with their Violator mufflers that look really nice but don't know what they sound like yet.

Ok, I finally crawled under the car again, it has 2.5" pipes, gonna find out whats hanging around for mufflers first I might be able to pick up a set of near new flowmasters for real short money so it might get those for now?? Thanks for all the input guys!!!

Just ordered a set of Dynomax 2.5" offset offset mufflers, decided i want it on the quiet side. It will probably still be pretty loud?? Can I buy a set of SS tailpipes in 2.5" pre made?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor