Which S10 wheels fit without spacers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I am looking to upgrade my 14" Rally wheels to some factory S10 wheels, but cannot remember which wheels bolt directly on and which need spacers.

These are the wheels I am looking at.
Screenshot_20230329_171152_eBay.jpg

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
I have some S10 Xtreme wheels on my 87 right now. No spacers required but the fronts rub a tiny bit at full lock on the inner fender.
S10 forum says "16x8 4.5" backspacing 0 offset"
I think the S10 SS (pictures you posted) and ZQ8 wheels are the same specs as the Xtreme.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Any of the 16" S10 rims will fit with no spacers. You may (probably will) have rubbing on the front if your vehicle is lowered and still have stock upper balljoints, instead of longer ones.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Do you know the backspace on those rims?
I was assuming the offset was that -6.4 in the one picture, but what that translates to I don't know.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Any of the 16" S10 rims will fit with no spacers. You may (probably will) have rubbing on the front if your vehicle is lowered and still have stock upper balljoints, instead of longer ones.
Luckily I am close to factory ride height minus some spring sag. I may go ahead and bite on these rims then. I knew there was an issue with some of the 15 inch rims fitting but I couldn't remember if the 4wd ones or the 2wd ones wouldn't fit.

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Luckily I am close to factory ride height minus some spring sag. I may go ahead and bite on these rims then. I knew there was an issue with some of the 15 inch rims fitting but I couldn't remember if the 4wd ones or the 2wd ones wouldn't fit.
4wd wheels will not fit. Backspacing is way too much. S10's had a total of three different wheel diameters. 14, 15, and 16". All 16" were 2wd only...

Edit- You say you have spring sag. If they are original springs, you probably have more sag than think. Center of the front wheel, from ground to fender lip, stock was around 27"+ a little.... if your around 26" or less, the tires may rub on the inner fender over larger bumps, dips, etc.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I'll just leave this here......

Attachments

• SAM_2004.JPG
    SAM_2004.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 75
Reactions: 4 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
4wd wheels will not fit. Backspacing is way too much. S10's had a total of three different wheel diameters. 14, 15, and 16". All 16" were 2wd only...

Edit- You say you have spring sag. If they are original springs, you probably have more sag than think. Center of the front wheel, from ground to fender lip, stock was around 27"+ a little.... if your around 26" or less, the tires may rub on the inner fender over larger bumps, dips, etc.
New front springs are on the list, but in the meantime I have coilover shocks helping things out in the front.

I may push up the schedule on springs if necessary though, as I have been putting off for a few years now.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
On all 3 of the wagons I've put these on, I had to open up the center bore a little so they would fit over the hub pilot.

• Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor