Who are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
When ever I talk to any of you here on the forum I wonder who I am talking to, maybe some of you have to or else I am just crazy. So I thought we could tell as much or little as they want.
My name is John, I live in Michigan, have my entire life. If you hold up your right hand I live right in the crotch of your thumb and first finger. Not a big guy just 5'8" and 51 years old. I retired last year as an electrical engineer. Born in a GM family so that's what I drive, but when it comes to old cars any of the big 3 are cool to me. Mostly into old Pontiac's had several 1965 GTO's over the past 30 years and have just started another one now. Always liked the mid 80's Monte Carlo SS so I wanted one but my 85 442 came along so to do something different for me I bought it and since I love drag racing I put a bigger motor in it.

Mat1227

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2010
Richfield, Ohio
Hello John, my name is Mark 53, live just south of Cleveland Ohio. have always had GM, first car 1968 Olds Delta 88, loved that car, father usually had either Buick or Olds. Bought a new 87 442 Dec 1986 drove that for 250k miles, was my only car at the time. Stripped it sold some parts kept some parts, & junked the body. Bought a 71 Cutlass project, that has taken forever for me to get anywhere with. Finally body back on frame, building this one now for my son. I always wanted another 87 442, found one last August and it needs some work, but I got my 87 back.

Mark

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
John, I also live in Michigan (Auburn in Bay County), and my entire life too! 5' 8" and turned 68 last month. I'm a retired GM tinsmith (13 years this coming October). Owned GM cars from a 1955 through to a 1993 Cutlass convertible (one Ford F-250 3/4 ton Super Cab), and, a 1964, 1969, 1978, and 1980 El Camino's (I've had my 80 for over 20 years now). I've also had two 1978 Grand Am's.

Doug

MeanBuicks

Master Mechanic
Apr 1, 2014
Memphis, TN
Hey, I'm Greg. I'm 46 and was born and raised in central NJ in the shadow of Englishtown Raceway. I moved South in 1991 and live in a suburb outside Memphis, TN. I'm a Mechanical Engineer and spent about half my career in the performance automotive aftermarket industry. Now I'm in the vocational truck industry.

I've always loved to be different and became a Buick, Olds, Pontiac fan early on to kind of buck the Ford/Chevy trend that my HS friends followed. No Pontiacs right now but I used to have a 455-powered '68 Firebird ragtop. Loved it. My '84 Cutlass is special in that it was originally Mom's car; bought new on the Jersey Shore. I've had it since the late '90s and she just passed away the end of December.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
My name is Paul Coffman and I am 54, I was born in Great Falls Montana. My family moved to Phoenix in 1975 when my Dad was transferred here by General Tire.
My wife Sara moved here in 81 and we were married a year and a half later. I went to work for the Cadillac dealer here in Phoenix in 1983. I worked at just about every job in the dealership, until I was offered a position at the GM Desert Proving Grounds in 1995. I worked with the V-6 powertrain group on the development and testing of the Supercharged Buick 3800 . I also spent 8 months with the Corvette group testing suspension components for the C-5 corvette. In 1998 GM started to wind down operations at the Mesa AZ. proving grounds , They were eventually going to move it to the US Army proving ground in Yuma.
Not wanting to move to Yuma I took a job at a new Buick, Pontiac, GMC dealer in west Phoenix as the shop Forman/ Asst. service manager/ fill in service adviser. :blam:
I was involved in a bad car crash in 2003 with a drunk illegal immigrant and broke both my hips and both legs. I was in the hospital for 3 months. Four surgery's later I wound up taking early retirement because they just couldn't get my leg to work right.
I have spent the last 11 years working on our house, spending time with Sara, Redoing my El Camino and raising my Rotties. I even took up Photography last year.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
My name is Brennan im from Bellevue, Ohio. Im 22 years old and recently graduated from UNOH in Lima, Ohio for Automotive Technology and High Performance Motorsports. I work part time at Home Depot and im in the middle of a trial period at Thorsport Racing in Sandusky. Im on the #13 Jeb Burton Camping World Truck Series team. My dream job would be something to do with high performance engines. I knew I wanted a Monte Carlo SS the first time I seen Dale Earnhardt's Goodwrench aerocoupe sometime around the age of 5. And I think im one of very few people that bought their dream car as their first car and managed to hold onto it through high school and college and fully restore it from a $700 bean field find to a fun all around car. I have learned just about everything I know about this car from this forum and continue to learn new sh*t everyday!

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Great topic! I an Mark. 60 years old. Born in Chicago, grew up in NYC, spent summers fishing in PA between Masontown and Versailles. 3 years Regular Army, 1 in Germany, then 33 years a Mailman, now retired. I'm married 39 years, 2 Daughters and a Grandson. My Dad forced me to work on VW beetles, but I escaped to love Pontiacs, and that's all I drive. Now my life consists of playing with cars, tinkering with small boats, fishing with my Grandson, drinking beer, and fixing stuff. Life is good! 8)

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Thank's Doug, it only FEELS like 100!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor