Why I hate dealersh*ts

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotwheelsboy28

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2011
Jasper, Tennessee
A few years ago or more I went to the dealer for a recall issue, while I was waiting I went to the parts dept., asked how much for a complete fog light kit for my truck was price $200 not bad,went to the service dept and asked how much to install it just for kicks, I know they have to program the ecm to accept them, dude came back and told me $600 I was floored! needless to say I don't have fog lights, just keep putting it off. But what a rip off, most of these trucks are pre wired for them.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Program the ECM to include fog lights? Say what?!? I thought lights go on when you send power by flipping the dash switch!

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
almost every experience I've had with a dealership has been negative. Then again, most of my consumer experiences are negative, which is why I like to research so much before I even leave the house. It took me 8 months to find a mechanic who treated my car like it was his.

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Program the ECM to include fog lights? Say what?!? I thought lights go on when you send power by flipping the dash switch!
Most of the newer vehicle send any and all power through the BCM and the BCM is controlled By the ECM, and so on and so forth so you have to take it to them because they have proprietary information and blah blah blah. More ways to screw the little guy. This is why I hate new cars!

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
My 11 Colorado I bought used in late 2012 is the first under warranty vehicle I ever owned. I thought it was a good idea. Anytime I brought it to them with a concern they never addressed it and just played dumb. Then tried to sell me oil changes and sh*t I don't need. The mechanics are lazy and aren't even familiar with the cars they sell. Total morons. Guy I work with buys Acura's, they gave him a brand new loaner yesterday while they did his oil change. They treat him like gold. I think its the American car companies still treating their customers like diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor