Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bourbon

Master Mechanic
Aug 23, 2007
PA
Why is it that we (lowriders/customs) had to have a separate section for us? It just doesn't make sense, we don't belong in the Regal section or the Monte section, just because we dont bow to the drag racing gods??? We don't even make it into the Vehicle category, we are in the tech category. and.... we get a disclaimer to keep it friendly. wtf

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
I think a pole was taken and the majority wanted a separate section. It does not mean that you can't participate in other discussions. If you have an engine question you can still post in the engines section or a Regal specific question go the Regal section. But if you have comments or questions reading the low rider piece of you car, you now have section where you can find information from like minded individual. The creation of a separate section to discuss that type of vehicle was meant as a positive.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
jerrycad472 said:
I think a pole was taken and the majority wanted a separate section. It does not mean that you can't participate in other discussions. If you have an engine question you can still post in the engines section or a Regal specific question go the Regal section. But if you have comments or questions reading the low rider piece of you car, you now have section where you can find information from like minded individual. The creation of a separate section to discuss that type of vehicle was meant as a positive.
x2
there were/are a lot of arguments about hydraulics, electronics, huge rims and so forth. one guy posted a "car" he'd made with more electronic crap and fiberglass than anything else. he asked for opinions and got all pissy because we didn't blow sunshine up his *ss.
it's not that we don't like you guys or respect your cars or the work you do (unless it's a donk) it's just that the majority of the members are more performance oriented and feel that some lowriders get taken way too far and destroy a good car. case in point--i saw a show on lowriders and one guy has chromed his brake rotors!!! they couldn't even drive the car off the trailer and into the show, it had to be pushed! stupidity like that is definately not limited to the import or lowrider genres though. i saw a "performance" c5 'vette with chromed everything--including the pushrods! the seats were stuffed with shredded money in clear covers too.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
jerrycad472 said:

^^^^

What he said. It'd been asked for, we did the poll, the people decided :mrgreen:

seriously, don't take it as any kind of attempt to shoehorn you guys, just another area of the site....

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
I support this section 100% im not into building engines so i have no need to go into the engine bulding section. But if i need help with my motor ill be all up in it looking for help. LOL

83CuttyDblR

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 3, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
chrome brakes

If I ever had a ol school lowrider that was chromed out I wouldn't drive it either (thats like ripping up money). I'd be out everywhere winning car shows and getting PAID! Its a lifestyle! I been buying lowrider magazine since I was 11.

kyhunter89

Greasemonkey
Jul 27, 2007
KY
would youve been pissed if there wasa drag only section?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
There is a section for racing/track/heavy mods too. Consider it a compliment that there is a special section for your tastes. There is no section for Pro Touring oriented rides like mine, etc. BTW. Bourbon, I like your ride. It may not be for me, but that does not mean I dislike it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor