Will Monte LS front fit Monte SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bm941

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 21, 2010
I have a 84 Monte SS project car and was wondering if a ls euro front clip would fit and also if the rear bumper cover from a ls would fit the SS?

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Yea they should interchange but why would you wanna change from SS to LS especially if its an original SS???? Usually it goes the other way lol.

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
DONT DO IT..IM NO SS FAN BUT I LOVE LS.. THE LS I BOUGHT A FEW YRS AGO WAS CONVERTED TO SS BUT THE FRONT WAS WRECKED SO THAT WAS PERFECT FOR ME TO SWAP BACK TO LS...SORRY FOR THE CAPS DIDNT REALIZED IT WAS ON AND I DONT WANNA RETYPE THIS LOL

mc2.jpg

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
If you swap on an LS front clip, you will also have to swap the fenders as they are unique to the '86-88 LS model.

Rear bumper will also swap, but again you will need to swap more parts as the 81-86 tailights and housings won't match up with an LS bumper cover - you will need the tail lights and extensions from the LS. For the bumper to look right at the quarter panels, you'd have to go all out and also install the stainless bodyside trim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor