Window question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
The driver side window on my 83 cutlass is sagging a little bit in the rear causing the front of it to lift up. The window is also pretty loose. This is causing it to not fit the roof rail seal correctly. I took the door panels off and looked around inside but i cant figure out what exactly i need to adjust. Can anyone help?

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
does yer window still have the felts on both sides of the window intact? if not itll cause yer window to move in-and-out.

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
ya the sweeps are on there. I have the kind without reveal on there, and it should have the reveal, but the passanger still seals fine. The guy who tinted my windows said the mechansim in the door is just worn out so im not sure if i can adjust it or not. Just thought id try before messing with replacing that. I would guess it to be a pain in the *ss.

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
Oh yeah....i also noticed the window is held in place by rubber stoppers at the bottom of the window. Not sure if it would be a good idea to losen those and just adjust it that way.

joeairforce

Master Mechanic
May 30, 2008
Wright-Patterson AFB - Dayton, OH
I was starting to have a similar problem with mine before. I just took the door panels off and tightened all the fasteners up and lubed up the mechanisms, and now my windows move alot faster and don't move around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor