Window racer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I’ve installed the Window Racer in my car. The windows are now about 50% faster than they were. I’ve read on here about better results than that. I used the solid steering column hold bracket for a ground. Would I get better results doing a different ground or is this the best I get?

Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I need to get one of these. 50% faster is still better.

Reactions: 2 users

maxi426

Apprentice
Sep 20, 2018
Not sure how the Window Racer is wired, but I've always run a 10 or 12ga wire between the drivers door shell and the body. Don't like the entire window system grounding through the drivers door hinges.

Reactions: 1 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I need to get one of these. 50% faster is still better.
I totally agree. Specially for how slow mine were. I’ve seen vids and heard from others that they had even better results. It was REAL easy to install I mounted mine with a hose clamp to the top of my brake lever. Good clearance, out of the way.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Not sure how the Window Racer is wired, but I've always run a 10 or 12ga wire between the drivers door shell and the body. Don't like the entire window system grounding through the drivers door hinges.
I relocated the ground to the same bolt that the main dash ground is. The lower (left knee area) . No change.

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have the Window Turbo (not racer) on my Regal and it works great, but these units will always work better if you clean all of the old grease out of the tracks and put in fresh grease

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 6 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I actually just installed one last Saturday on the Cutlass and it made a huge difference. The driver side motor is maybe 10 years old, passenger side is factory. I have a new pass side motor in the event it dies, but gonna rock it now!

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I had bought a different version from a member of that other forum specific to my car, it was supposed to have auto up and down with the speed. Guess I had asked for too much when I said I would like some instructions instead of just having some parts thrown in a box because he stopped responding, I was able to get the auto down to work and is much faster than it was so I guess its a win. Just kind of jacked for what I paid because I was willing to spend extra to get the auto up and down like a newer car

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I just ordered new AC Delco #11M23 motors for both doors.$87.00 delivered. Hopefully I’ll get them a bit quicker yet

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor