windows on the 2door grand pri

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlitothemac

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 8, 2007
brooklyn
www.cardomain.com
:roll: just wondering how the hell do you make these windows tighten up when they're half way down they move side to side alot. and forget trying to raise them if your going 50mph and better they wont go in place they'll stay a little popped out. just wondering if anyone had these problems with there windows and how they fixed it....thanxxxxxxxxxxx in advance

They are designed to give and take, except when closed.
You can adjust them in all directions once you open up the door panel, but the slop stays.

I reread your post.
If the window is halfway, I'd say there should not be slop because the glass is probably starting to contact the weatherstrip, but if the window were all the way up and you open the door, I think they all have slop.

There are two adjusters at the top of the door. Remove the door panel and you'll see them. They have pieces of "carpet" on them. Loosen the bolts and you can slide them in (toward the inside of the car) or out (toward the outside of the car). Don't make them too tight or the window won't go up and down properly.

When the glass is up it won't be anywhere near those brackets though.
I glued commercial carpet on those suckers. The original material is like VERY cheap carpet, wears away, glass scrapes against the steel bracket. Listen as the glass goes up...hear scraping?

srercrcr said:
When the glass is up it won't be anywhere near those brackets though.
I glued commercial carpet on those suckers. The original material is like VERY cheap carpet, wears away, glass scrapes against the steel bracket. Listen as the glass goes up...hear scraping?

I just swapped the window motors, power lock actuators and glass in my Monte SS last weekend and can tell you that once adjusted properly the brackets are in fact right there beside the glass.

Be careful! They need a little play when closing with the glass up so they don't shatter. Don't make them too tight!
You shouldn't have any rattles from the glass because the weatherstrip should cushion any movement. There is a clip on the "A" pillar that sometimes rattles the glass. Try some spray silicone and it should go away.

My windows would not adjust due to excessive stress cracks in the steel of the door frame, so I just replaced the doors and think it should be OK whenever I put the windows back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor