Windshield antenna ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2014
Hi guys, my name is Jeff and I'm new to this forum. I own a 1984 Hurst/Olds. I've been restoring it over the last 7 years and I'm in the last stages of it now. My question is I want to get rid if the power antenna in the fender and convert it to the antenna inside the windshield. I have the part that connects it but I'm not sure where to put it on the cowl. Can anyone tell me the location on the cowl that it goes?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard Jeff.
You should be able to find the access hole in the middle of the cowl drainage trough, underneath the stainless shield where the wiper blades park.
There's probably some sort of cap plug there that needs to be removed.

King_V

Master Mechanic
Jul 17, 2013
Sicklerville, NJ
Not meaning to derail - but how good is the reception with those windshield antennas? I know they were used back when AM-only radios were still around, but is the reception any good with FM?

I've come across aftermarket antennas that basically sit in the glove compartment, but are wired to the radio, which supposedly do as well or better than the mast-type antennas.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
You'll see three dimples stamped into the cowl below the windshield that you'll need to drill out.
19056123.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor