Windshield locator tabs

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
My monte carlo came to me in pieces with the windshield removed. I think there should be tabs that the new replacement windshield sets on to keep it from sliding down into the wiper area. If so those are missing. Does anyone have pics of these so i could make something . Or ideas about what to use

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
These are generic replacement parts but it gives you the idea.

(Now says down for maintenance, part number is KAI GMKHW2076)
WS glass clip.png

1983-88 GM numbers is 20047396 RH and 20047397 LH - Support glass, windshield. Nothing found using those numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

SSPilot

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 5, 2018
These are the factory pieces off my '84 MCSS.
Hope these pics help shows location of stops, short one on Passenger side, long one on DS. I have had this car since new and have had at least 5 windshields, the rubber part of mine are a little chewed up but I'll most likely reuse them. The drivers side stop is not installed in this pic but you can see the dent in the windshield adhesive.

Attachments

• PS windshield stop.jpg
    PS windshield stop.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 34
  • DS windsheld stop location.jpg
    DS windsheld stop location.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 37
Reactions: 1 user

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
Hope these pics help shows location of stops, short one on Passenger side, long one on DS. I have had this car since new and have had at least 5 windshields, the rubber part of mine are a little chewed up but I'll most likely reuse them. The drivers side stop is not installed in this pic but you can see the dent in the windshield adhesive.
Thank you this is what i needed. Even if i use universals i wasnt positive where they went or which one went were. Ive never had my cutlass apart that far and its in storage already

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor