wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepyss13

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2008
i want to know what are the wires for that are coming out from the bottom of the firewall

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
We need more info. What side of the car? Are the wires close to anything?

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
The harness coming out the driver side below the brake booster is for all your lights and has the wiring for the engine. The harness coming out of the passenger side under the heater box is for the heater-a/c and all the crap that goes to the computer.

sleepyss13

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2008
its the wires that are on the passanger side i was wondering if i nedded them or if i could just cut them off

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
ummmm. Still need more info. Have you put a different motor in your car or something??? If not you might not want to cut them off just yet as your car might not run without them. :lol: Otherwise like Blake said their for your heater/ac and the rest go to the computer witch alot of us don't use anymore.

sleepyss13

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2008
i put a new motor in and i am not using the computer and i took out the ac box and put a sheet of metal

pontiacman469

Master Mechanic
Jul 18, 2008
Bangor,Maine
If you don't have a cpu/heat system you only need wires going to your starter ,alt,and dist. all coming from the drivers side (unless your using factory gauges).

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Yeah, well then that whole harness should be dead and just hangin there anyways. If it was me I'd pull it all aside first (just to make sure) before I cut it. If nothing hooks to nothing go to town. You should be able to unplug it from your computer and pull it out not?

pontiacman469

Master Mechanic
Jul 18, 2008
Bangor,Maine
Exactly what i did with the harness from my 88..worried i was gonna do something i would regret later taped in up and shoved it down the fender.wiring can be like a steak you can always cook it more,but you cant undercook it. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor