WIW Grand national rear end and transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I found a guy parting out one really beat up grand national. I asked him how much he would want for the rear end and transmission and he said to just make him an offer. He seems desperate to just part the car and get rid of it, judging by his ad. What's a good offer on this combo?

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
Depends how many miles really. I would say maybe something around the lines of $800-$1200 for the pair? I paid something like $300 for an open carrier 8.5" with 3.73's.

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
If they're functional, maybe as much as $1500 for the set. Start with a few hundred and work your way up. Get the driveshaft too.

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
Hmmm, I know a few GN guys in CC. If it was one of theirs they'd know what the parts are worth, but they might be interested. End of the month is only a week away though- want me to keep it under wraps for a while?

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Yeah plz. I was thinking about doing the 200-4r swap but its more than i can spend since I would have to get a torque converter and another shifter since my starshifter is for a 3 speed. I'm using a 86' monte ss rear end that is fully rebuilt with yukon 3.73 gears, but the GN rear end would definately be an upgrade. I don't want the engine, not my cup of tea.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Too bad there isn't a complete set of wheels too. That thing is beat down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor