Wood burners/furnaces

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Getting ready to move into the house I just bought and one of the first orders of business is installing a wood "add-on" furnace. For those that aren't familiar, its a wood burner that simply ties into your primary gas/electric furnace ducting.

Main reason I'm going this route is the cost of operation. Aside from the cost of electricity to run the blowers, it's "free" heat as opposed to a couple hundred dollars a month for gas.

I just brought home a DAKA 521 FB burner. Mine will be going into the basement and tying directly into the end of my hot air plenum. Anyone here have a similar set up?

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I just have a plain old woodstove, 1/4" plate steel with cast aluminum doors. It's great to cook on- soup, stew, chicken, and anything else cooked low and slow.

Reactions: 1 users

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
I have one that heats my garage and is does help that I have an endless supply of wood pallets to burn F that splitting logs

montecarlolady

Apprentice
May 25, 2019
Used to,switched to natural gas 3 years ago.It was a hassle finding the wood,cutting and splitting it.$100.00 to $150.00 bill each month

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor