Would a hidden ignition start button be theft deterrent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best theft deter-ant, is a well kept secret! 😀 you should devise some type of hidden switch, or take a hand held rotary tool (dremell) and craft something in your car into a switch, that nobody would ever think is a switch, then hide the wires extremely well.

Idea's for hiding wires, you can paint them the same color as the surface they rest against, and glue them down. Or, if the wire runs to the ignition switch on the column do what i did, hide the wire IN the column! use a very small drill bit, and run the wire straight to the hookup on the ignition switch itself from the underside, up through the column and into the switch.

Almost forgot, incase anyone is interested I do custom reinforcement on steering columns! The area that houses the key cylinder and turn signal switch..ext, can very easily be cracked with simply a ball peen hammer.

I reinforce them or flat out remake entirely, with carbon fiber. IT strengthens it 100$, and believe it or not it would cost drastically less than the other alternatives that I've seen. and retains a nice original look. If they smacked THAT with a ball peen hammer, they'd be surprised! PM me if your interested, good luck with your security system!

Wow im glad I stumbled onto this thread. Il be making a kill switch or a hidden ignition start switch soon!

have a quick disconnect battery - no juice, no car gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor