Yet another TH350-200r4 swap thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
As you can tell by the title, this is a trans swap in the making. I have not yet purchased anything, just want to know what I can. Should I get a junkyard 200r4 out of an old caddy or other g body or something, or should i spring for a GN unit? Also, could y'all tell me all the little parts, cables, brackets (TV cable and brackets specifically, SBB 350 and 4bbl Q jet). Any help is appreciated.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
IMO, a new, warrantied, beefed up 2004r will be a good choice. Otherwise, you are at the mercy of the local trans builder who may or may not know much about the 2004r and its weaknesses, strengths and how to modify. I recommend a good cable bracket from tci to hold the tv cable and accelerator cable. DONT use that chincy spectre crap that you find at AZ or APP. It will not work very well and has a tendency to loosen and/or bend. You may also run into shifter cable issues, which will prevent you from using all 4 gears if not installed right or incorrect parts are used. You may also need a different speedometer cable gear to correct the different ratios of the 2004r and/or your rear end. Keep us posted, as many of use have dealt with some or all of these issues at one time or the other....

Bill

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Thanks man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor