Not open for further replies.

sszewczuk

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2010
sszewczuk said:
pontiacgp said:
I want to know how you have 2 87 442 low milage cars to choose from... :shock:

shhhhh its a secret for now---- but I do

i was just worried about rust etc.. under the tops-- as some other have reported nightmare scenarios-------

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
lower miles = better investment.

if this isn't an investment car then go for the t tops

burgundy83

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2010
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
sszewczuk said:
Can anyone tell me how the water is suppose to move throught the T-tops? :D

It's just once the seals wear out and start deteriorating, they won't have as good a seal so water will come through.

Or if you take them off.

dudeface

Master Mechanic
Aug 18, 2008
calgary alberta canada
personally I think that most T top cars with leaky roofs are not really whats leaking. more often than not it is the top CORNER of the windshield that starts to leak. my 85 salon has all original glass.......i tried to spray the car down to find where it leaks. my leak does not come in around the t top, but down the A pillar interior. I have seen 10 or 12 cutlass's with the front window chrome out.........and the top windshield corners seem to be where the rust/deteriation start

not saying T tops dont leak.......but if the seals are all solid....no cracks, then consider that it may be a leaky windshield?

maybe start there........windshields for g bodys only run 200 installed in canada. between that and the kit he already has you would be set.

any rust parts for the T tops are now available at gbobyparts.com...............they have a full T top replacement kit, made from stainless steel, and powdercoated......never rust again!!!

http://www.gbodyparts.com/index.php?cPa ... b6a7a1ecfd

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor