Your G body

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenc8337

Greasemonkey
Nov 24, 2012
NYC
definitely a lot of great points brought up. I loved these cars as a kid growing up in the early and mid 90s. I remember seeing them everywhere and occasionally see one with work done and I always felt they looked so mean. My dad ended up buying me a Malibu wagon with a 229 for my high school graduation and I had wanted a 96 impala but i remember instantly falling in love with the wagon once realising it was a Malibu my childhood was brought back to mind. Plus who could turn down a g body wagon that hadn't been registered since 89.

Pit

Apprentice
Oct 13, 2013
Brussels, Belgium, EU
I fall in love for a pink pro-street Monte Carlo SS in a 1991 issue of a magasine, I was 11yo!
Still in love...

143900image.jpg

rustyroger

G-Body Guru
Mar 14, 2007
Margate, UK>
Right car, right price, right time when I bought mine.
I wanted a cheap American car and someone had a '79 Buick Century wagon for sale at a show in the UK.
Just pure luck it was a G Body, or I could be browsing a Ford, Mopar, or other GM forum right now.

Roger.

Dburger

G-Body Guru
Jun 1, 2012
I inherited all of mine, and they seem to be decent cars.

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
As some have already said

They are simple machines
Full framed RWD
Can accomodate BBC, SBC, Olds, Pontiacs and buick engines, and also LS style engines. Easily.
Plenty of room for various exhausts, transmissions, rear ends and engines as above mentioned.
So many different styles. El caminos, waggon's and passenger cars.
When the suspension and steering is rebuilt, they drive fantastic.
Power mods are easy and plentiful.
Can be kept to cruise, to brawl, or drag.

The only thing i dont like about them is they are rare here in europe..

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
You love them or you don't!

Attachments

• 1981.jpg
    1981.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_4724.JPG
    IMG_4724.JPG
    306.7 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCN0065.JPG
    DSCN0065.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 176
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor