More Cutlass Project Fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

81X11

Master Mechanic
Oct 28, 2010
Round Rock Texas
I wanted to get the Cutlass as nice as possible for Cars and Coffee (which as noted elsewhere was NOT this weekend!!)...... ANYway, thought I'd share my two other projects finished this weekend.

First, since I bought the car it's had broken glass inside the passenger headlight, and gets moisture inside when I wash the car. The previous owner gave me a used headlight assembly in the parts pile that was in the trunk, so I finally sucked it up and went to install it.

It took a little while to figure out how this mounted. Wasn't sure if I needed to remove the grill and bezel assembly to get it out. Turns out it's held in with four bolts, and you can slide it out and down between the radiator support and the bumper itself.

Took pics as usual. Such fun!

My Cutty has a black eye!
CutlassDash001.jpg

CutlassDash002.jpg

Old and new headlights. Old one still has moisture in it.
CutlassDash003.jpg

New
CutlassDash004.jpg

Old
CutlassDash005.jpg

Pointing at the mounting bolt holes for bolting into header panel
CutlassDash006.jpg

CutlassDash007.jpg

Let there be LIGHT!
CutlassDash008.jpg

My other project is one I'm sure many of you have done. It's not a "correct" fix, but looks a lot better. I went to Hobby Lobby and got a silver caligraphy pen, and re-painted all the "chrome" dash trim around the wood and insterments. After 23 years the chrome had almost totally worn off around the gauge cluster itself, and was pretty much gone around the wood panels too. I'm a fat guy and my hands shake a lot, but I think it came out pretty good!

CutlassDash009.jpg

CutlassDash015.jpg

CutlassDash016.jpg

Such fun! New door panels, headlight, and fixed the dash trim all this weekend. Not bad!

-Mike

lookin' good :wink:

that paint you did around the trim looks great! nice job on the pics with installing the light as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor