opinions on next dumb idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Just got my mew tailpipes done, mocking up new rear bumper. Will have entire new lower section to bumper.

Next dumb idea is fitting & modifying dodge challenger tail lights into my bedcover. Pic 1 is now , pic 2 is a photoshop pic with current bedcover profile. Pic 3 is with new bedcover profile.
These are of course photoshop pics & the real profile, particularly the lower bumper ,will vary in real life.
Thoughts?? don't be too cruel.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
I don't care for it, might look better mounted in the tailgate and relocate the licence plate.

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I like where your lights are right now on the tailgate, they just look out of place up high and kind of shrouded by the over hanging rear spoiler.
I do like the idea of having a reverse or third brake light up there though.
The only thing if it were possible I would like to see are the taillights mounted without visible screws, I think I might give them a cleaner look.

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The bumper is coming along nicely, I think that will come out better in steel anyways, now since you have your exhaust out the back now are you going to fill in the rockers on the side where it exits or maybe set them up with electric cut outs and tap in the exhaust before the muffler.
Also are you still going with reversing sensors in your rear bumper?

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
The rocker panel exhaust exit on driver's side only IS an exhaust cutout. It's cable operated ,comes out at the end of the X-pipe turning it into a Y basically with a custom made megaphone shaped exit pipe(as seen operated in my old you tube link).
No backup sensors, I did buy a backup camara last year I need to attempt to discreetly mount.

YEA, something about having a steel rear bumper just feels better. :mrgreen:

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Still playing with tail light ideas. Here's a photoshop pic someone did for me with the current bumper flat black, vette lights deleted & 95 to 99' Mitsubishi eclipse lights added, which won't just fit in real life.

Here's a rear & side view of actual vehicle with red tape just to visualize what full wrap around lights may look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor