15" Chrome knock off wire wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeltaDevil88

Greasemonkey
May 15, 2011
Dallas,TX
Dragonist said:
Damn DD, well at least you and your ride are ok...

Yeah when the rubber blew it transferred onto my paint, luckily it all buffed out :D , I got a Grant wood steering wheel I need to install you should hit me up you got the #

cashmoneyspeed

Greasemonkey
Mar 2, 2009
Chicago
DeltaDevil88 said:
Update I sprang for some 13in low rider knock off 100 spokes from OG wires they were decent for in town riding but I had no confidence on them on the highway, my thoughts came true on the way to Tulsa OK on hwy 75 my front driver side tire blew for no reason.

Odd thing is just the whole middle part on the tread blew the sides were still intact, had to limp in get a new 13 tire limp back to Dallas doing 45mph

Sold them b*tches as soon as I got home now just riding on stock grandma wire hubcaps.

That sucks, sounds like a tire issue though, not so much the wheel itself. Been riding on wires for a long time on multiple vehicles and only had 2 wheels where the spokes got loose and started clicking and 2 blow outs. Both blowouts were from having inner tubes in the wheels from previous owners too lazy to reseal the wheels. I roll on 13's at 85mph with no issues in a much heavier than stock car. Have had my 14" wires on the highway too, up in the 110 range. Did you by chance have Milestar brand tires?

DeltaDevil88

Greasemonkey
May 15, 2011
Dallas,TX
cashmoneyspeed said:
DeltaDevil88 said:
Update I sprang for some 13in low rider knock off 100 spokes from OG wires they were decent for in town riding but I had no confidence on them on the highway, my thoughts came true on the way to Tulsa OK on hwy 75 my front driver side tire blew for no reason.

Odd thing is just the whole middle part on the tread blew the sides were still intact, had to limp in get a new 13 tire limp back to Dallas doing 45mph

Sold them b*tches as soon as I got home now just riding on stock grandma wire hubcaps.

That sucks, sounds like a tire issue though, not so much the wheel itself. Been riding on wires for a long time on multiple vehicles and only had 2 wheels where the spokes got loose and started clicking and 2 blow outs. Both blowouts were from having inner tubes in the wheels from previous owners too lazy to reseal the wheels. I roll on 13's at 85mph with no issues in a much heavier than stock car. Have had my 14" wires on the highway too, up in the 110 range. Did you by chance have Milestar brand tires?

Nope these were tiger paws with a lot of tread on them at 42-45 psi........I hear a lot about people going on long trips on 13s by after my experience I think ill only go 14 and up from now on I drive my car to much to have to worry.

cashmoneyspeed

Greasemonkey
Mar 2, 2009
Chicago
Oh alright. Yeah i haven't had any experience with those uni royal tiger paws. Just firestones, cornells, and all the older brands when they used to be $15-20 a tire. Either way i always tell people tires are like light bulbs, tell me when one will burn out and i'll tell ya when a tire is going to blow out. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor