17" Cragar Soft 8 fitment help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge Mills

Greasemonkey
Aug 27, 2014
Washington State
I bought one Cragar Soft 8, a 17", 8" wide, 4.5" backspace to use for test fitment. I know a few members use these, and have seen info in the past about using a half inch hub centric spacer for the front wheels due to clearance. I test fitted the wheel on the front, and definitely see the need to use a hub centric spacer, as it hit the upper A arm at full lock, and the hub was a bit smaller than the wheel opening.

Off the top of your heads, can you recommend the exact spacer I need? The website lists the center bore diameter of the wheel as being 3.300 inches.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/crr-3998834/overview/

Last edited:

Judge Mills

Greasemonkey
Aug 27, 2014
Washington State
Maybe I'm wrong about this. Maybe it's because the suspension was fully extended. What's the max backspacing in the front? 4" or 4.5"?

I can find adapters that keep the same wheel factory bore (70.3mm), but not one that goes up to 3.3" (83.82mm).

Ramon

n00b
Nov 25, 2016
I bought one Cragar Soft 8, a 17", 8" wide, 4.5" backspace to use for test fitment. I know a few members use these, and have seen info in the past about using a half inch hub centric spacer for the front wheels due to clearance. I test fitted the wheel on the front, and definitely see the need to use a hub centric spacer, as it hit the upper A arm at full lock, and the hub was a bit smaller than the wheel opening.

Off the top of your heads, can you recommend the exact spacer I need? The website lists the center bore diameter of the wheel as being 3.300 inches.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/crr-3998834/overview/

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Would a 17x9 with 5 bs fit all around

That would put the tire in the right spot, but will probably rub the A-arms in front. might even rub the tie rod ends. Maybe with 19" wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor