Soft brake pedal after swap

Bengler455

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 12, 2022
Recently purchased and installed a QP 9" rear for my 84 Cutlass. Upgraded to the Wilwood Pro Street disc set up. I have bled the brakes countless times and still have a soft pedal and brake light on. Do I need to upgrade my proportioning valve? Anyone else have this issue? Thanks

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Well, if you have Disc Brakes all around it would be wise to have the Disc/Disc Combination Valve, that is what it's called.

Then bleed it correctly, there is a procedure for them where you lock the safety piston in place.

Rocknrod

All Around Good Egg
Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2024
This is a good explanation -

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
So they mention the valve would knock itself off center and then imply it's a nightmare to put back in place. Same would be true if you ran the front or rear channel dry on the car. What would then be the procedure to re-center the valve? I'm betting that's what happened to mine and the OP's since his brake light is on which is an indication of that valve being off center.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor