1978 Malibu Project, 4th times a charm

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Hope you don't get rid of it Wraith and see it thru to the end!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I did this on a lift with infinite adjustable jack stands under the axle tubes and a trans jack holding the correct angle on the center.

One thing that I measured incorrectly was loaded spring height, I forgot to compensate for the larger diameter axle tube.

Don't second guess yourself to death ;)

Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Ok, what happened?

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Storm started coming in and the wife's car was outside, which means Camaro has to get put back in place for her to park, operation "Weld it in crooked" was aborted for the weekend. Taking Friday off this week for a 3 day weekend and trying to get the Malibu axle done and the upper four link bars on the Camaro done. 😬

Reactions: 5 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Forgot to post in the build thread since I've been in "What did you do to your G Body thread"

Had to go back to the start date of the rear axle project, wow only took me a year. :wtf: Of course several other projects were finished for my buddy and I really have a tendency to overthink when putting the rear axle in square. Once again big thanks to 64nailhead for the calls and texts with help.

And yesterday it rolled out into the sun

The Camaro got put into it's place and the Malibu moves over to it's spot, Camaro is on cribbing to finish the 8.8 and Ride Tech 4 link install. Next up is measure up for the front wheels to get ordered, shooting for the same size as rear with a 275/40/17 on a 9.5" wheel. Ordered Fragola PTFE lined gas line in -10 and -12 this week to start on the fuel system, should have all the fittings already purchased.

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Glad you kept it and are still working on it!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Now THAT’S a tank !!!! I would consider in tank pumps if I had something like that.

I like the front exit area for the the lines.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor