1987 Buick Regal Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Re: Project RS: Regal Sleeper- LOTS OF PICS!

RKRUZIN said:
Greetings from Erie...good luck with the regal..kudo's for removing the crappy landu top..I wonder why they don't offer them anymore??? (they suck all the performance out of your ride) rare to find good frame rails. Those pics look like they are by my Gandma's house in Gibsonia, PA. I assume you got the 231 V6 there's lot's of stuff avail for them and you could even go with a 1995-2002 F car 3.8L engine swap..good luck and if you go to any car show go to the Summit racing show in Ohio in June..I'll be there!

Hi, I'm not far from gibsonia at all. There was no way I wasn't removing the landau top, it was damn ugly, and it held water- Scared the livin' crap outta me. I go to tons of car shows/ cruises in the summer, that's pretty much how I spend my weekends, and now that I have my own car to cruise in- well, I can spend the whole WEEK at car cruises! I'll try to make it to the summit cruise. I normally go to 1 or 2 long distance cruises a year, I'll try to make that one of them this season, as I've never been to it. I do have the 3.8 2 bbbl, which I'm happy with for now, gets great gas mileage, and is better. Than saying i have a 4 cylinder civic lol.

Nov 4, 2012

rojitas said:
nice i like the look of the bucket seats with no console keep up the good work looks great 8)

Thanks, I love my new buckets without a console, it makes the car feel more open, and looks factory, but apparently some other members here don't. Too damn bad for them, its not their car.

Nov 4, 2012

lg1200 said:
WOW..same color/vinyl top as my 87 regal..check the original thread i put up about it..

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29441#.UL61hZPjnWo

good luck with your build..

Thanks, nice car yourself, a lot better shape than mine, neat to see what my car looked like in its hayday. I'll be following you build closely.

vonclod

Greasemonkey
Nov 19, 2012
Delta B.C.

nice job on the ride so far its looking good and if your frame is good thats half the battle 8) ..nice sludge in the heads :lol:

Nov 4, 2012

vonclod said:
nice job on the ride so far its looking good and if your frame is good thats half the battle 8) ..nice sludge in the heads :lol:

Thanks! If the frame was bad I wouldn't have bought it, plain and simple. good frame, good motor, body was ehh.., But repairable. My parents got the car for $1000, what else do you want for a grand?

And yeah that sludge is something, huh? THAT my friends, is why you change your oil.

lg1200

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2011

joesregalproject said:
lg1200 said:
WOW..same color/vinyl top as my 87 regal..check the original thread i put up about it..

Thanks, nice car yourself, a lot better shape than mine, neat to see what my car looked like in its hayday. I'll be following you build closely.

Here's the new build thread i started..just updated it tonite after a while..

viewtopic.php?t=36672&p=358427#p358427

Nov 4, 2012

lg1200 said:
joesregalproject said:
lg1200 said:

Here's the new build thread i started..just updated it tonite after a while..

viewtopic.php?t=36672&p=358427#p358427

Okay, I like the blue engine block, kind of unusual.

Reegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011

Cool build Joe. N I completely understand why u did what u were able to do with your car. Limited space limited money limited time. Same here. Maybe same as most of us. I've been putting off my regal and cutlass for almost a year now cause I haven't had place to do it at. But now I'm getting a house with a 2 car garage in Feb so I can start there.

Keep up the good work n good luck with the regal.

Nov 4, 2012

8TRAY said:
Cool build Joe. N I completely understand why u did what u were able to do with your car. Limited space limited money limited time. Same here. Maybe same as most of us. I've been putting off my regal and cutlass for almost a year now cause I haven't had place to do it at. But now I'm getting a house with a 2 car garage in Feb so I can start there.

Keep up the good work n good luck with the regal.

thanks. its nice to see someone understands where im coming from. not all of us have an unlimited amount of time, money and space. this car wasn't and isnt intended to be a 10 point show restoration by any means. just a fun project to work on with my dad, and a decent car that'll get me through high school. maybe one i can take to the local friday night car cruises in the summer. you'll have to create a build thread for your cutlass and regal once you get them going, if you havent already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor