MONTE CARLO Restoration/Custom Shops?

MiSSionImpossi87e

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2024
Hi everyone,

I am ready to begin pricing out a proper restoration and upgrade for my 87 Monte Carlo SS with T-tops.

Does anyone know of reputable shops on the west coast? I imagine there are a lot in Southern CA, but when I perform internet searches, I don't get much in the way of useful answers/links.
I have this feeling the great shops are running on word-of mouth referrals and don't need to advertise much.

Pretend cost is no issue for me. What do you know, what have you heard, what dream shops would you take your G-Body to?!?

Thanks - Ethan

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
"I have this feeling the great shops are running on word-of mouth referrals and don't need to advertise much."

i'm assuming a paint job & body work is involved? are you looking for a 1 stop shop that does it all like a gas monkey garage? im on east coast in a small town and farmed out all my work. nobody here really does body work aside from ins jobs but went and asked every shop and 1 directed me to 1 a few towns over, then there's a guy that does petty much everything else locally so that's how i'm getting by. might have to go that route and any work you can do yourself is $ saved.

MiSSionImpossi87e

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2024
"I have this feeling the great shops are running on word-of mouth referrals and don't need to advertise much."

i'm assuming a paint job & body work is involved? are you looking for a 1 stop shop that does it all like a gas monkey garage? im on east coast in a small town and farmed out all my work. nobody here really does body work aside from ins jobs but went and asked every shop and 1 directed me to 1 a few towns over, then there's a guy that does petty much everything else locally so that's how i'm getting by. might have to go that route and any work you can do yourself is $ saved.
Yes, paint, bodywork, add the proper bumpers and effects back, spoiler, maybe new hood. Interior...everything.
I am considering shaving the door handles, and a bunch of other crazy stuff...so yeah...all-in.

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor