MALIBU 2 door wagon conversion OKC

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Another thought. I was wondering how he addressed the door window frames. :unsure: 2-dr G-body cars did not use a solid window frame.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Another thought. I was wondering how he addressed the door window frames. :unsure: 2-dr G-body cars did not use a solid window frame.
Looks to me like a cut and weld using the original frames

Reactions: 1 user

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I can appreciate the amount of work that went into the 2 door conversion. I'm not a big fan of lowriders (that's just me). The interior looks a bit rough (cracked dash, split upholstery on the driver's seat)
I'm merely commenting on the body. Good job keeping it stock looking. You could always unlowrider it and address the interior.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Looks to me like a cut and weld using the original frames
I'm thinking the same thing, Brian. Was that the way you were planning to do it on your 2-dr wagon project?
I'm also guessing that the window glass was custom made, like the 1/4 window glass. I know in some cases the A-pillars were slanted back to meet the coupe glass.

Last edited:

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Yes that was how. I plan to address the window frame on the doors. Just from what a quick look showed me it looks like they cut flat glass for the quarter glass which would certainly be more readily available and cheaper than having curved glass custom-made

• Agree

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor