4l80e in gbody

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobileaudio25

G-Body Guru
Jan 12, 2012
columbus, ohio
i have a 2001 4l80e transmission going into my gbody. I have all the swap accessories needed to complete the install, but my transmission did not come with a tube or dipstick. Do the original dipsticks and tubes work in our application or which aftermarket stick and tube are you guys using?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 user

abadwillys

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2016
NY
I used a ATI one, it is a locking one, but i cut the mounting tab and re-drilled it so it fit tighter to the trans
photo (57).JPG

Reactions: 3 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
i have a 2001 4l80e transmission going into my gbody. I have all the swap accessories needed to complete the install, but my transmission did not come with a tube or dipstick. Do the original dipsticks and tubes work in our application or which aftermarket stick and tube are you guys using?

I used an F body tube. Just be sure to get the right stick with it (there are differences). Remember that a 4L80E needs 12-13 quarts depending on converter. Under filling it will fry the clutches.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

mobileaudio25

G-Body Guru
Jan 12, 2012
columbus, ohio

crotchss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2010
Kearney, Nebraska

crotchss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2010
Kearney, Nebraska
Ha, I was looking at that exact dipstick earlier while doing some shopping.
Did you "hang" the dipstick by the firewall before you put the trans in?
I don't remember for sure, but I believe I got the transmission lifted 3/4 of the way up and then stuck it in as I was lifting.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor