78 Elco Project-New to forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2018
Had an early 80's Elco about 20 yrs ago that i had just barely gotten started on by swapping in a sb and auto trans in place of the v6 and 3 sp man along with exhaust. Then life got in the way and i had to sell it for a work rig. So for 20 yrs i have watched others build, race, and just flat out have some nice projects to work on. It literally dawned on me two weeks ago that i don't have anything to do that really excites me until i went to a buddys house who was working on one of his projects. That did it. I was excited and it wasnt even mine. It has never been a priority over the last 20 years as our family is one of those families that has been plagued with Cancer and sickness. My 21 yr old is a Stage IV Neuroblastoma Cancer survivor and my wife is currently Stage IV Breast Cancer. Timing may be odd to some but as a caregiver my sanity is also important so that i can support my wife for as long as she needs. Sorry, back to the car. 1978 El Camino project car 305 cid, auto trans and assume stock rear end. Bought it for $1,000 but i also got a TH400 and a 454 incl in the price. It is literally the only thing i can think about. I came across the forum as i was googling 454s into G Bodies. I have seen a lot of good info already on the subject and can't wait to start the demo process so i can get started.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Welcome & nice score. Alot of members here have had life push projects to the side. Alot of good info to get you back into the swing of things.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor