OLDS 83/84 Hurst/Olds Front Plates

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
That one looks like it has remanence of plastic that used to belong to the VK3 plate holder, may have broken off like most... no metal plate though.
Exactly. The point I was trying to make was that the car had VK3, but originally sold in a state that didn't require a front plate. And there's nothing in any dealer ordering information to add the VK3. If the car sold new in Illinois for example, they required a front plate, so I could see the car being shipped with VK3 holder. That's kind of weird. I know I never ordered VK3 and my 85 came with one, and we only used one plate here. The 87 has one because it was sold new in Ohio, which up until 2020, required two plates. It's still a question of WTF was their reasoning?

FcntQ_QXEAYcyuC.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor