A/c not blowing out of vents!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shorty74

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 28, 2009
Jeezycol said:
shorty74 said:
Mine was doing the same thing. It turned out to be the vacuum hose that went to the manifold behind the carb.

How did you find out that it was that hose? Did you replace them one by one until you found out which one it was?

I just noticed that it was dry and brittle. It is the one directly behind the carb. It might not be the same problem as yours but I would give it a shot.

J.Rod22

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2009
Georgia
I still havent found the problem, I looked at the vacuum hose right behind the carb. but I looked good and I dont know which other vacuum hoses to look at

Veltboy618

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2008
I dont mean to jack your thread but When i bought my Cutlass it already a Chevy motor in it & the vacuum ball was already gone. how can i get my dash vents to work again? Do you think I can hook a vacuum line to the pink line that works the vent thing behind the dash I can get them to work again?

J.Rod22

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2009
Georgia
I still haven't fixed this problem can somebody tell me exactly which vacuum hoses I should be checking and where I could get some of the vacuum hose from. All we have is fuel line at Autozone

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
You should have a ball canister attached to the AC housing ,Right above the passenger valve cover. It looks like the one in the attached picture, There should Be a vacuum hose attached to one of the ports going to the intake manifold. The other is attached to the vacuum source hose the goes over to the rt of the AC / blower box it goes down beside it into the interior of the car It should be a pinkish plastic tube, this has to be hooked up to get vacuum to all the doors and controls in the dash.

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
tc1959 said:
You should have a ball canister attached to the AC housing ,Right above the passenger valve cover. It looks like the one in the attached picture, There should Be a vacuum hose attached to one of the ports going to the intake manifold. The other is attached to the vacuum source hose the goes over to the rt of the AC / blower box it goes down beside it into the interior of the car It should be a pinkish plastic tube, this has to be hooked up to get vacuum to all the doors and controls in the dash.
so thats what that ball thing is for... well now i kno i can take it out my car hehehe :D

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
kuruption109 said:
tc1959 said:
so that's what that ball thing is for... well now i know i can take it out my car hehehe :D
It,s a vacuum reserve canister it keeps enough vacuum to the AC to keep the doors from moving under hard acceleration. You are right you won't have to worry about Hard acceleration with that little 6 cyl. you got. :wink:

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
tc1959 said:
kuruption109 said:
tc1959 said:
so that's what that ball thing is for... well now i know i can take it out my car hehehe :D
It,s a vacuum reserve canister it keeps enough vacuum to the AC to keep the doors from moving under hard acceleration. You are right you won't have to worry about Hard acceleration with that little 6 cyl. you got. :wink:
hahahahah :rofl: i have no ac anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor