Adding a t roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedbuff

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 20, 2012
A LONG TIME AGO IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY .I worked daily on our beloved g bodies when I was in my late teens at a gm dealership .I remember these cars well and they were by far my favourite gm .Well about 15 years ago I had a chance to buy a nice clean unmolested 1985 305 h powered cutlass supreme and did so .I worked on it quite a bit but lost intrest and gained childeren and put the car away for a long time .This spring I went to resurect it only to find the complete bottom of the car was rusted out frame and floor .It is not my nature to give up on a project like this so I decided to .rebuild it no matter what .That is where I am now I have bought a donor car that is in decent shape although it needs a rear frame rail repair .Here is where it gets interesting .If I have to start building a frankenstein I thought I might as well add some toys so I cut a t top out of another car and intend to put that into my newly aquired chassis .Has anyone done this? If so please let me know how you proceded Pics will follow

speedbuff

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 20, 2012
Found the t roof transplant thread under "heavy mods" maybe it should be moved? anyways posted some pics there and will post more as it progresses it was kinda sickning at that stage we really pucked a nice solid car up ,but it looks better now and will post more pics :puke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor