Aftermarket floor shifter in a column car

Metzger82

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2021
NW Ohio
So I've been sifting through the forum posts to figure out an answer or pictures as an answer for the use of a aftermarket floor shifter, like a B&M Pro Ratchet which I want to use, but without running wires and just using the column linkage.

Here is the link to the post that gave me the most substances but I was wondering if any of you have pictures to help me along with this install.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have a B & M Mega shifter in my Regal and I kept the column linkage hooked up mainly so my shift indicator in the dash still worked and the reverse lights and neutral safety also still work so the only wires going to my shifter are for the shift indicator light.
20220601_154700 (1).jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Personally I prefer a column shifter for an auto trans.

Reactions: 1 user

Metzger82

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2021
NW Ohio
See the problem is that my linkage for the column won't let me shift down to first gear because my Hedman Hedders that I put on my Olds 350 are interfering with the cycling.

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
You just need to shave some of the linkage down where the header and linkage meet till there clearance between them to. I had to do that when I ran longtube header with column shift setup so I could go into all gears.

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
On mine I had to rotate the mount up and then cut and weld the linkage to clear my headers

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
How are your body mount bushings? If they are old and collapsed they can allow the body to sit lower on the frame than it should reducing clearance.

Metzger82

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2021
NW Ohio
How are your body mount bushings? If they are old and collapsed they can allow the body to sit lower on the frame than it should reducing clearance.
I have replaced all but 2 I believe, I honestly don't exactly remember, when I repaired the floors in the car during the last winter. But I did read and of course decided that the review was B.S. that the long tube would be hit if I did no modifications.

Metzger82

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2021
NW Ohio
You just need to shave some of the linkage down where the header and linkage meet till there clearance between them to. I had to do that when I ran longtube header with column shift setup so I could go into all gears.
Do you by chance have pictures of what you did to make yours work?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor