ANY INTEREST? Mint Condition SS Wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharozen

Greasemonkey
Dec 19, 2012
Triana
pencero said:
Never said the wheels were 'worth only $100' which is obviously too low to pay for any nice looking wheel/tire combo... I said the SSII wheels are worth more than the ss wheels by at least $100* and that its not an even trade... and then after that I mentioned a pair that just went for $250 nearby so obviously somebody is either misquoting me purposefully or didnt read very well but w/e. I notice you didn't take me up on the $50 bet. Probably b/c you know I'm correct about the trade not being even and me calling you on it...

Yea, it's official.....you're just ignorant and manipulative (not to mention you believe in dragons). At first I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt, but now I see that you're intentionally misconstruing words to keep yourself from looking like more of an *ss than you already have. I'm not going to argue with you anymore because all anyone has to do is read what you posted earlier and read my posts, so it's too late to change your wording because the ignorance you've spoken is already printed in black and white.

My post was very simple: I said am seeking interest in selling or trading (or both). If you aren't interested shut your pie hole, quit being a "dick", and stop posting to the thread.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Pharozen said:
pencero said:
If you take off the center caps it will look normal. IDK about down south but up here in the Midwest those rims would be considered more common than olds 15'' ralley and worth around $100 less in value - not an even trade. SSII ralleys are getting a bit thin up here

I appreciate your opinion, but I'm going to have to beg to differ on the $100 or less value. Gross underestimate......regardless of geographical location.

Pharozen,

Those rims look great on a clean SS and are worth some good money. Don't give them away. Have you considered posting a sale on montecarloss.com or ebay? Patience is key. Good luck with the sale.

Pharozen

Greasemonkey
Dec 19, 2012
Triana
Thanks Anubis,

No I haven't considered posting them on montecarloss.com but I did post them on CL and ebay back in 2012 and I got some great offers on them, but I wasn't ready to truly part ways with them at the time. But the further along I get on my '79 Calais project, I'm coming to the conclusion that I won't have any use of the Monte wheels....I'd rather a Monte owner make good use of them instead of letting them sit in my garage.
The Monte wheels came with the frame for my restoration project. The previous owner of the frame was rebuilding a Monte SS but he abandoned the project. So I bought his frame to go with my '79 Calais T-top body. Can't really use the wheels, so I guess I'll finally let them go....

ADentice

Apprentice
Jul 25, 2014
Buffalo, NY
If you find the right guy, you could probably get an even trade, if not post them online for 3-350 and see if you get any takers. Where I live you never see olds rallys for sale but when you do theyre around 400

*Actually, I lied. I just looked and found a set of 4 14" for 175

Pharozen

Greasemonkey
Dec 19, 2012
Triana
ADentice,

Yea, I didn't think an even trade was unrealistic, but I'm also aware that SSII rallye wheels are getting very rare. I guess I'll just post them in a few different places and see what kind of interest I generate.

But if I'm not mistaken, the SSII rallye wheels are the 15", not the 14". I have a set of 14" already that I restored myself, but my heart is set on the SSII 15 inches.

I'll attach a set of 4 -14 inch rallye wheels that I restored myself last year. I sanded these for HOURS, got rid of all the rust, sprayed primer, painted several times, found all the accessories (including center caps). But after all of that, they're still not SSII 15 inches.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 374
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 375
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor