any one knows about door hings? or any one got Door Hinge ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010
My body shop told my that i need new Door Hinge ?? all 4 of them :wtf: :wtf:

they told me that is the only way to keep your door from sagging ???

there about 350 from opg?? and one of my door hinges is bent ???

any one
pls help me what should i do ?

http://www.opgi.com/product.asp?catmain ... ode=L99001

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Re: any one knows about door hings? or any one got Door Hing

I have a pile of hinges, just need new pins and bushings. Normally they don't bend but the holes get eggshaped from not replacing the worn out bushings and the pins wear into the hinge.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY

They can be rebuilt pretty easy. The new pins and bushings can be had in the HELP! section at most stores. If one is too worn I've welded the opening and drilled a new hole.Harbor Freight sells the tool to compress the spring but a big screwdriver and pliers will do it as long as you are carefull. Sagging doors are no fun and ruin the weatherstripping too.

79elky454ss

Greasemonkey
Sep 30, 2007
ohio

I got a full set of hinges from a 4 door at pull a part pretty cheap. The 4 doors don't stress the hinges so bad.

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010

Bonnewagon said:
They can be rebuilt pretty easy. The new pins and bushings can be had in the HELP! section at most stores. If one is too worn I've welded the opening and drilled a new hole.Harbor Freight sells the tool to compress the spring but a big screwdriver and pliers will do it as long as you are carefull. Sagging doors are no fun and ruin the weatherstripping too.

So basically if they rebuilt i would have the sagging go a way right?

he is asking me 80 labor + part is that a good deal guys ??

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY

Yes, that is why they sag, no other reason. 80 DOLLARS + parts is a deal. 80 HOURS + parts is a rip-off. And is that for all or each? While it is a chore removing the hinges and re-hanging the doors, it's not brain surgery.

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010

Bonnewagon said:
Yes, that is why they sag, no other reason. 80 DOLLARS + parts is a deal. 80 HOURS + parts is a rip-off. And is that for all or each? While it is a chore removing the hinges and re-hanging the doors, it's not brain surgery.

no is only 80 labor for all , and i have to buy the parts, hes telling me parts going to cost me 15 each so i need 4?

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.

Bonnewagon said:
They can be rebuilt pretty easy. The new pins and bushings can be had in the HELP! section at most stores. If one is too worn I've welded the opening and drilled a new hole.Harbor Freight sells the tool to compress the spring but a big screwdriver and pliers will do it as long as you are careful. Sagging doors are no fun and ruin the weatherstripping too.
I did mine last year matco makes a spring compressor tool that takes all the bs out of it,I drilled them out and tapped new bronze bushings in with new pins. It worked so well I did my 91 Chevy PU also.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa

The spring compressor is a must, I had to learn the hard way.

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010

tc1959 said:
Bonnewagon said:
They can be rebuilt pretty easy. The new pins and bushings can be had in the HELP! section at most stores. If one is too worn I've welded the opening and drilled a new hole.Harbor Freight sells the tool to compress the spring but a big screwdriver and pliers will do it as long as you are careful. Sagging doors are no fun and ruin the weatherstripping too.
I did mine last year matco makes a spring compressor tool that takes all the bs out of it,I drilled them out and tapped new bronze bushings in with new pins. It worked so well I did my 91 Chevy PU also.

so with new pins and bushing it a sure thing right to fix the sagging doors right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor