anyone kno where i can get a nice satin clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutlass79

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2011
merrillan wis
i have eveything i need to paint my car sept the clear im doing satin black with a mate not flat rally strips and need help finding a nice satin clear to go with i found a mate cleat and the auto part store that ima get and test on my old trans am fenders so i kno it what im looking for but i cant seen to find a satin clear any where aound here so im going to have to get it off line i guess iv found a few but am just wornders iv yall have got any off line and like it if so whats ya got

Lowproelco

Greasemonkey
Jul 19, 2011
So Cal
I went with a hotrodz flat clear on my elco and it came out pretty good...

cutlass79

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2011
merrillan wis
Lowproelco said:
I went with a hotrodz flat clear on my elco and it came out pretty good...
i was just about to look u up on my other posts so i could pm u and ask what u uesed how long u had it and hows it holding up for ya?

Lowproelco

Greasemonkey
Jul 19, 2011
So Cal
Holding up real good.. but we did use a lot of coats... we did like three coats of black and like four coats of clear... did it two years ago and still looks great

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Lowproelco said:
Holding up real good.. but we did use a lot of coats... we did like three coats of black and like four coats of clear... did it two years ago and still looks great
Hows the areas you had to buff look?

Lowproelco

Greasemonkey
Jul 19, 2011
So Cal
-83MONTESS- said:
Lowproelco said:
Hows the areas you had to buff look?

you mean my stripes.... that was did with normal clear.. i just masked off the black and buffed and waxed the stripes..... then pull the tape off and it looks good.. just dont wax the flat clear it will mess up the finish....

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Lowproelco said:
just dont wax the flat clear it will mess up the finish....
Thats what I mean. I had mine in satin paint but decided to go the extra mile and go gloss because I didnt like the idea of not being able to buff it without creating a very noticable area in the clear. Yours turned out good though :D

suffrn6

Greasemonkey
Sep 10, 2011
saint john, nb canada
PPG has an additive for clear that is used to make the clear semi-gloss, egg-shell, or flat. It all depends on how much additive is added to the clear. It works really good as long as you follow the mixing instructions on the tech sheet.
I have a can of it at work and have used it a couple times with good results. I will see if I can get the number off the can for you.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor