anyone use a sunpro sending unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
im trying to figure out how to get this thing in and keep the fuel lines.

i know there is the send line, the return line and what is the smallest line in the top of the fuel tank?

thanks.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Are you talking on the stock sending unit? The smallest one usually runs to the charcoal canister.

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
jrm81bu said:
Are you talking on the stock sending unit? The smallest one usually runs to the charcoal canister.

yeah, i have a spare gas tank ive been studying to see how im gonna need to install this thing, it looks like i will need to drill a new hole for the sunpro sending unit,

so largest line is fuel to engine, middle size is return and smallest is the charcoal canister?

thanks

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
adumb said:
jrm81bu said:

yeah, i have a spare gas tank ive been studying to see how im gonna need to install this thing, it looks like i will need to drill a new hole for the sunpro sending unit,

so largest line is fuel to engine, middle size is return and smallest is the charcoal canister?

thanks

That sounds right to me, and I had to make another hole to install my VDO sending unit also.

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
jrm81bu said:
adumb said:
jrm81bu said:

thanks

That sounds right to me, and I had to make another hole to install my VDO sending unit also.

well im glad to hear that, i thought i may have been looking at this install all wrong

thanks for the input jrm!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor