Attn.: GM now selling a (reincarnated) Buick Regal T-Type, Grand National, and GNX at your local GM dealer!

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
A lot of that is due to govt regulations which become tighter every year. Trucks have less strict regulations to meet than cars which is why most car mznufacturers push truck based platforms like SUVs and crossovers.
Don't forget markup and profit.

Much more profit per unit on the bigger vehicles.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
A lot of that is due to govt regulations which become tighter every year. Trucks have less strict regulations to meet than cars which is why most car manufacturers push truck based platforms like SUVs and crossovers.
Successfully, though. Non-EV Ford and GM full-size pickups and SUVs are the best-selling vehicle models in this country, by far.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Successfully, though. Non-EV Ford and GM full-size pickups and SUVs are the best-selling vehicle models in this country, by far.
It's a win/win for them, which I get I bought an SUV without really needing it just to have the comfort and looks I wanted. Was just talking to my buddy last night about the SUV loophole in the EPA standards which is why they went Mach E and Mitsu did the same with the Eclipse. I am also one of the rare ones that thinks the EV Blazer looks pretty good
2024-chevrolet-blazer-ev-ss-1-1655141389.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

86 Salon

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2021
It's a win/win for them, which I get I bought an SUV without really needing it just to have the comfort and looks I wanted. Was just talking to my buddy last night about the SUV loophole in the EPA standards which is why they went Mach E and Mitsu did the same with the Eclipse. I am also one of the rare ones that thinks the EV Blazer looks pretty good
2024-chevrolet-blazer-ev-ss-1-1655141389.jpg
What ere some of the loopholes? I know that back in the 80's, trucks didn't need to meet the same safety standards as cars. Trucks didn't need door I beams, headrests, or even rear bumpers.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Thanks for the link. I remember that in 1974-5? light duty trucks were even exempt catalytic converters.
I didn't remember that part, I was thinking more of the Obama and the CAFE standards they have set going forward

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
Reactions: 1 user

vandall

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2015
Seattle, WA
Thanks for posting this. I think this is fantastic, especially compared to the EVs. For less $$ than a heavyweight Tesla you get a performance luxury sedan with turbos and a manual! That is a killer deal

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor