Autometer gauges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mx372

Apprentice
Jul 30, 2012
I have a 83 elcamino and the speedo died. Solution ? an autometer tach and apeedo!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 949

bigtmoney

Greasemonkey
Dec 11, 2011
Dallas, TX
Pretty creative there, what size are those gauges? I thought about doing that to my Monte this weekend when I installed a tach, decided against it and mounted to the steering column.

Mx372

Apprentice
Jul 30, 2012
they are 3 and 3/8 inch. To be honest it was super easy to do this. all i did was ground the existing hole to the right size and removed what ever needed to get the gauges to sit in right. and i still have the printed circuit working the oem stuff.

bigtmoney

Greasemonkey
Dec 11, 2011
Dallas, TX
Nice, so did the gauges run into the circuit board behind the speedo or tach?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
I also wanna know if your center gauges work. I am doing the same thing with the Autometer speedo and tach but they hit the circuit board and the inside of the shadow box so I had to gut the box and cut out the back. I'm gonna lay a ABS sheet on the cluster and redrill the speedo and tach and mount a fuel level gauge inbetween the two. Since the dummy lights won't be use I'll make a panel to go over them and drill thee 2 1/16" holes for the water, volt and oil pressure gauges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor